So in June Freya and I jet off to Detroit for the annual Tec-Troit festival, organised by Detroit native and Underground Resistance ‘Assault DJ’, DJ Roach.
I’ve wanted to go to the Motor City and birth place of techno since I was about 15… (and that was 15 years ago!) So it’s safe to say that I’m really looking forward to it!
So, by my calculations, I’ve got three shows till we fly. So that means three Detroit specials:
- 5th April – “First Wave – Originators”
- Looking at the inspiration behind the techno sound and the early pioneers.
- 3rd May – “Second Wave – Innovators”
- Exploring the development of the sound in the early 90s by local (and not so local) artists.
- 30th May – “Third Wave – Elevators”
- How the Detroit sound evolved and grow.
About Bob Thompson
A keen record collector and music geek. When not found listening to music and flicking through records (online and in shops), Bob can be found reading ‘boring’ books and talking to animals (including his own) in the street.
Although particularly keen on the futurist, velocity funk of the Motor City, Bob has been known to venture out into numerous other genres, equally as boring and repetitive.
All of which can be heard on is 4-weekly ‘Auditory Exhibition’ show, aired from 20:00 – 22:00 GMT