the svelte selection – lightness and dark
I’ve dedicated a couple of tracks in this month’s show to the election, but more tracks to the pursuit of good music. There are also a few oldies and dedications.
I hope you enjoy the selection.
Here are a couple of things I talked about:
Birmingham’s Supersonic Festival – 11 – 14 June, 2015
Industrial Soundtrack For The Urban Decay – screenings around the world! Or available to buy from 8th May, 2015.
If you’d like to hear the show, you’ve got a bunch of options. You could subscribe to the podcast, head over to the Purple Radio show warehouse where you can download the whole show or stream or listen to a few of the tracks via Spotify. Spoiled, I tell you.
And so to this month’s tracklisting,. Here you go!
- Grimm Grimm – Hazy Eyes Maybe
- Storm the Palace – Popular Science from Storm the Palace EP
- Mary Ocher – The Android Sea from Eden
- Polar Bear – Don’t Let the Feeling Go from Same as You
- John Harle – Time Is Not an Illusion from Hockney (Original Motion Picture Score)
- Outkast (ft Sleepy Brown) – The Way You Move from Speakerboxxx
- Radiohead – Electioneering from OK Computer
- Doris Day – Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)
- SoundOnSoundOnSound – Prisoner’s Cinema
- Eaux – The Lights Falls Through Itself from Plastics
- Errors – Lease Of Life from Lease Of Life
- Fujiya & Miyagi – Knickerbocker from Lightbulbs
- Squarepusher – Baltang Arg from Damogen Furies
- Three Drives – Greece 2000 (Moonwatcher Mix) from Chilled: 1991-2008 [Disc 3]
- Swans – New Mind from Feel Good Now
- Cabaret Voltaire – Crackdown from Live At The Hacienda.’83/’86 11.08.83/19.02.86.
- SEX SWING – Night-Time Worker
- godspeed you! black emperor – Lambs’ Breath from Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
- The Hazel Blears – r2t1 from Rehearsal 2
About the svelte one
Faced with the prospect of a monthly radio show, the svelte one was torn between the twin beasts of a huge and unruly music collection and a need for structure and limits.
Her solution? Focus her monthly show on What’s Going On In Her Life Right Now.
Expect reviews of gigs and festivals, tunes from new albums and recently re-discovered gems from the past. Everything from glitch to guitars with the occasional bit of ’serious’ music. Just for summut different, innit.
the svelte one is on Thursdays monthly, 20:00-22:00.