the svelte favourites of 2014
As usual, I don’t think of this stuff as the BEST of 2014, god knows I missed so much, but it’s my favourite stuff. That I heard, like. My live music trips were far and few between this year, but I’ll definitely be off to more in 2015. And so to the records, you can see the tracklisting below then download or stream from here. Or hit up the Spotify playlist here. Enjoy!
- Collectress – Whitechapel (Hat In The Ring) from Mondegreen
- Auclair – Jupiter + Venus from Semaphore
- Andy Stott – Damage from Faith In Strangers
- Mogwai – No Medicine For Regret (Pye Corner Audio Remix) from Music Industry 3. Fitness Industry 1.
- Karen Gwyer – Free Food / One Men Striper from Kiki the Wormhole
- Swans – Oxygen from To Be Kind
- Martin Creed – I Like Things from Mind Trap
- Oy – Hallelujah! Hair! from No Problem Saloon
- Neneh Cherry featuring Robyn – Out Of The Black from Blank Project
- The Bug Featuring Miss Red – Mi Lost from Angels & Devils
- Kate Tempest – Lonely Daze from Everybody Down
- My Brightest Diamond – Resonance from This Is My Hand
- Jenny Hval & Susanna – House of Bones from Meshes of Voice
- Bastard Mountain – Pissing On Bonfires from Farewell, Bastard Mountain
- Lucky Elephant – Old Kent Road from The Rainy Kingdom
- Flying Lotus – Moment of Hesitation from You’re Dead!
- Shit Robot feat. Reggie Watts – We Got A Love from We Got A Love
- The Juan Mclean – You Were a Runaway from In A Dream
- Aphex Twin – s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix] from Syro
- The Gilt-Edged Four – Yiddisher Charleston from Klezmorim (Early Klezmer Recordings 1920 – 1960), Volume 8
- Polar Bear – Be Free In Each and Every One
- Daniel Lanois – Two Bushas from Flesh And Machine
- Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra – Little Ones Run from Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything
- Grouper – Call Across Rooms from Ruins
- Carpenters – Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft from Carpenters Gold
About the svelte one
Faced with the prospect of a monthly radio show, the svelte one was torn between the twin beasts of a huge and unruly music collection and a need for structure and limits.
Her solution? Focus her monthly show on What’s Going On In Her Life Right Now.
Expect reviews of gigs and festivals, tunes from new albums and recently re-discovered gems from the past. Everything from glitch to guitars with the occasional bit of ’serious’ music. Just for summut different, innit.
the svelte one is on Thursdays monthly, 20:00-22:00.